Women of all cultures have taken to putting real hair extensions in their hair to create a longer and fuller look. Truth of the matter is they style better than our own hair and give us more options. Human hair extensions even make it easy to add fun colors. In fact, extensions can last quite a while. If properly taken care of they can last up to 3 months. Wouldn’t you like to know the secret to making your extensions last? Here are the top 10 tips from stylist all over the world to make your real hair extensions last.
1. Make sure you wash your own hair thoroughly before having your extensions put in. This will keep the oils from your own hair from affecting the new extensions.
2. Make sure you always have a professional color and cut your hair. Please no at home dye jobs. Leave it to the professionals they know what they are doing.
3. Be gently as a baby with them.
4. Use a soft bristle brush and brush from the bottom up. Never brush from the top down. This will loosen your tracks causing them to slip down.
5. Tie your hair up when you’re sleeping. Some women will wrap their hair in a scarf or put on a tight knitted hat. This will help your hair from moving around too much causing it to loosen up or creating unwanted tangles.
6. Don’t use sprays with a silicon or alcohol base. They can tend to damage the hair and make it look ratty.
7. Wash your extensions with moisturizing hair care products. Real hair weave doesn’t get the oils like your real hair does.
8. Once a week use a deep conditioner and leave in for 20-30 minutes.
9. Use a heat protectant when using any tools to style.
10. Trim ends every 6-10 weeks.
Following these very simple tips can make a huge difference in how long your real hair extensions will last. Making sure your gentle and not skimping out on quality of products you use will help you get so much more out of your hair. After all you have them to enhance your hair not take away from it. Don’t let yourself become a victim of a bad hair weave.